Tue, Aug 09|
The Africatown Makers program is a 4 week program in partnership with the Billodue Makerspace at Seattle University that meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30-3:30pm and teaches youth aged 11-14 how to design and produce their own customized objects using the tools of a makerspace.
Time & Location
Aug 09, 2022, 12:30 PM – Sep 01, 2022, 12:30 PM
Seattle, Seattle University Sinegal Building (12th and E Marion St) Room 130
In this program you will get hands-on instruction in how to use a makerspace to do things like:
- Learn how to make a brand logo
- Laser-cut your logo into a piece of wood and then turn that into a rubber stamp
- 3D print an object like a custom lego brick or a model of a character you design
- Create your own bag on a sewing machine and custom embroider your logo on it.
- Learn how to apply your own logo onto a t-shirt
- Make professional custom full-color stickers
- And more as time allows
Program participants will each receive a $100 amazon gift card.